Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Follow us:
Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Subscribe to this news feed 

News

WEATHER

Weather

  • morning Mid 70s
  • daytime Upper 80s
  • evening Upper 80s
  • overnight Upper 70s

Your Forecast

  • 09/17/2014 03:59 AM

Rain Settles Down Overnight, More To Come This Week 

Central Texas is sitting on a convergence zone for several weather disturbances which will increase our rain and thunderstorm chance over the next several days.  More details below... 



The image above shows radar rain estimated imagery along with a selection of rain gauges in the area.  Note the brighter colors in the southern part of Bastrop county where there are estimates of nearly 3" of rain on Tuesday.  There were also estimates of around 2"+ near Round Rock to Hutto to Taylor.  Click here for more rain gauges from the LCRA.

Tuesday started a little muggy with temperatures about 5 degrees above normal, into the low/mid 70s.  A mix of sun and clouds was noted during the early part of the afternoon and then scattered showers and a few thunderstorms moved into the region between 3 - 9 pm.  That cooled temperatures a bit after we recorded highs in the low to mid 90s.  

Current Temperatures:

Click here for a map of Tuesday's lows and highs

An area of low pressure in the Gulf of Mexico, a frontal boundary in North Texas and moisture form Tropical Storm Odile will continue to bring us cloudy skies and a good rain and storm chance through the rest of the week.  

Overnight, showers and storms will die out around midnight and then we are left with overcast skies and temperatures in the mid 70s.

The rain will pick up once again on Wednesday afternoon as Futurecast shows more widespread coverage (40% rain chance).  Then the highest odds will come on Thursday with a 60% rain and storm chance.   Totals will range form 0.50" - 2" across the area. 


Here's a look at NOAA's 7 Day rain outlook.

Upper-level high pressure nudges a big stronger over Texas by Friday then weakens again, allowing a cold front to drop down into Texas for the second half of the weekend. It's at least a 30% rain chance on Sunday. Early next week, temps are looking seasonable or nearly normal for this time of year. See the 7 Day Forecast for full details.

Hottest August on Record... NASA says the average global temperature during August 2014 was the highest ever recorded. Summer 2014 ranged 4th hottest in written history.

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your night. 

Meteorologist Mary Wasson 

SUN/MOON

  • SUNRISE07:16 AMSUNSET07:34 PM
  • MOONRISE01:35 AMMOONSET03:27 PM
  • MOONRISEWaning CrescentWaning Crescent

Current Temps

  • ABIA76ºOvercast
  • AUSTIN76ºOvercast
  • BOERNE73ºOvercast
  • BURNET74ºOvercast
  • CASTROVILLE78ºOvercast
  • COLLEGE STATION75ºOvercast
  • FORT HOOD75ºFair
  • FREDERICKSBURG73ºOvercast
  • HONDO78ºOvercast
  • KERRVILLE74ºOvercast
  • K-FH AIRPORT73ºMostly Cloudy
  • KILLEEN72ºFair
  • LACKLAND AFB78ºOvercast
  • MARBLE FALLS74ºOvercast
  • MCGREGOR72ºFair
  • NEW BRAUNFELS76ºOvercast
  • PLEASANTON78ºOvercast
  • RANDOLPH AFB75ºOvercast
  • SA INT'L AIRPORT78ºLight Rain
  • SAN MARCOS75ºOvercast
  • STINSON FIELD78ºOvercast
  • TEMPLE72ºPartly Cloudy
  • UVALDE77ºPartly Cloudy
  • WACO72ºFair

National Temps

  • ATLANTA69ºFairBOSTON56ºA Few Clouds
  • CHICAGO52ºFairDALLAS/FORT WORTH78ºMostly Cloudy
  • DENVER62ºA Few CloudsHOUSTON76ºMostly Cloudy
  • MIAMI78ºMostly CloudyNEW ORLEANS76ºOvercast
  • PHOENIX83ºOvercastSAN FRANCISCO65ºMostly Cloudy
  • SEATTLE63ºMostly CloudyWASHINGTON DC60ºFair

Weather

  • morning Mid 70s
  • daytime Upper 80s
  • evening Mid 80s
  • overnight Near 80

Your Forecast

  • 09/17/2014 04:01 AM

Rain Settles Down Overnight, More To Come This Week 

Central Texas is sitting on a convergence zone for several weather disturbances which will increase our rain and thunderstorm chance over the next several days.  More details below... 

The image above shows some rain gauge totals with radar esimated imagery included, indicating some pockets of heavy rain in rural spots south and east of SA, and along I-10 on Tuesday.

Tuesday started a little muggy with temperatures about 5 degrees above normal, into the low/mid 70s.  A mix of sun and clouds was noted during the early part of the afternoon and then scattered showers and a few thunderstorms moved into the region between 3 - 9 pm.  That cooled temperatures a bit after we recorded highs in the low to mid 90s.  

Current Temperatures:

Click here for a mpa of Tuesday's lows and highs. 

An area of low pressure in the Gulf of Mexico, a frontal boundary in North Texas and moisture form Tropical Storm Odile will continue to bring us cloudy skies and a good rain and storm chance through the rest of the week.  

Overnight, showers and storms will die out around midnight and then we are left with overcast skies and temperatures in the mid 70s. 

The rain will pick up once again on Wednesday afternoon as Futurecast shows more widespread coverage (40% rain chance).  Then the highest odds will come on Thursday with a 60% rain and storm chance.   Totals will range form 0.50" - 2" across the area. 


Here's a look at NOAA's 7 Day rain outlook.

Upper-level high pressure nudges a big stronger over Texas by Friday then weakens again, allowing a cold front to drop down into Texas for the second half of the weekend. It's at least a 30% rain chance on Sunday. Early next week, temps are looking seasonable or nearly normal for this time of year. See the 7 Day Forecast for full details.

Hottest August on Record... NASA says the average global temperature during August 2014 was the highest ever recorded. Summer 2014 ranged 4th hottest in written history.

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your night. 

Meteorologist Mary Wasson 

SUN/MOON

  • SUNRISE07:13 AMSUNSET07:32 PM
  • MOONRISE01:27 AMMOONSET02:45 PM
  • MOONRISEWaning CrescentWaning Crescent

Current Temps

  • ABIA76ºOvercast
  • AUSTIN76ºOvercast
  • BOERNE73ºOvercast
  • BURNET74ºOvercast
  • CASTROVILLE78ºOvercast
  • COLLEGE STATION75ºOvercast
  • FORT HOOD75ºFair
  • FREDERICKSBURG73ºOvercast
  • HONDO78ºOvercast
  • KERRVILLE74ºOvercast
  • K-FH AIRPORT73ºMostly Cloudy
  • KILLEEN72ºFair
  • LACKLAND AFB78ºOvercast
  • MARBLE FALLS74ºOvercast
  • MCGREGOR72ºFair
  • NEW BRAUNFELS76ºOvercast
  • PLEASANTON78ºOvercast
  • RANDOLPH AFB75ºOvercast
  • SA INT'L AIRPORT78ºLight Rain
  • SAN MARCOS75ºOvercast
  • STINSON FIELD78ºOvercast
  • TEMPLE72ºPartly Cloudy
  • UVALDE77ºPartly Cloudy
  • WACO72ºFair

National Temps

  • ATLANTA69ºFairBOSTON56ºA Few Clouds
  • CHICAGO52ºFairDALLAS/FORT WORTH78ºMostly Cloudy
  • DENVER62ºA Few CloudsHOUSTON76ºMostly Cloudy
  • MIAMI78ºMostly CloudyNEW ORLEANS76ºOvercast
  • PHOENIX83ºOvercastSAN FRANCISCO65ºMostly Cloudy
  • SEATTLE63ºMostly CloudyWASHINGTON DC60ºFair

Weather

  • morning Low 70s
  • daytime Upper 80s
  • evening Upper 80s
  • overnight Upper 70s

Your Forecast

  • 09/17/2014 04:00 AM

Rain Settles Down Overnight, More To Come This Week 

Central Texas is sitting on a convergence zone for several weather disturbances which will increase our rain and thunderstorm chance over the next several days.  More details below... 



The image above shows radar rain estimated imagery along with a selection of rain gauges in the area.  Note the brighter colors in the southern part of Bastrop county where there are estimates of nearly 3" of rain on Tuesday.  There were also estimates of around 2" near Round Rock and Hutto.  Click here for more rain gauges from the LCRA.

Tuesday started a little muggy with temperatures about 5 degrees above normal, into the low/mid 70s.  A mix of sun and clouds was noted during the early part of the afternoon and then scattered showers and a few thunderstorms moved into the region between 3 - 9 pm.  That cooled temperatures a bit after we recorded highs in the low to mid 90s.  

Current Temperatures:

Click here for a map of Tuesday's lows and highs

An area of low pressure in the Gulf of Mexico, a frontal boundary in North Texas and moisture form Tropical Storm Odile will continue to bring us cloudy skies and a good rain and storm chance through the rest of the week.  

Overnight, showers and storms will die out around midnight and then we are left with overcast skies and temperatures in the mid 70s.

The rain will pick up once again on Wednesday afternoon as Futurecast shows more widespread coverage (40% rain chance).  Then the highest odds will come on Thursday with a 60% rain and storm chance.   Totals will range form 0.50" - 2" across the area. 


Here's a look at NOAA's 7 Day rain outlook.

Upper-level high pressure nudges a big stronger over Texas by Friday then weakens again, allowing a cold front to drop down into Texas for the second half of the weekend. It's at least a 30% rain chance on Sunday. Early next week, temps are looking seasonable or nearly normal for this time of year. See the 7 Day Forecast for full details.

Hottest August on Record... NASA says the average global temperature during August 2014 was the highest ever recorded. Summer 2014 ranged 4th hottest in written history.

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your night. 

Meteorologist Mary Wasson 

SUN/MOON

  • SUNRISE7:14 amSUNSET7:32 pm
  • MOONRISE1:31 amMOONSET2:42 pm
  • MOONRISEWaning CrescentWaning Crescent

Current Temps

  • ABIA76ºOvercast
  • AUSTIN76ºOvercast
  • BOERNE73ºOvercast
  • BURNET74ºOvercast
  • CASTROVILLE78ºOvercast
  • COLLEGE STATION75ºOvercast
  • FORT HOOD75ºFair
  • FREDERICKSBURG73ºOvercast
  • HONDO78ºOvercast
  • KERRVILLE74ºOvercast
  • K-FH AIRPORT73ºMostly Cloudy
  • KILLEEN72ºFair
  • LACKLAND AFB78ºOvercast
  • MARBLE FALLS74ºOvercast
  • MCGREGOR72ºFair
  • NEW BRAUNFELS76ºOvercast
  • PLEASANTON78ºOvercast
  • RANDOLPH AFB75ºOvercast
  • SA INT'L AIRPORT78ºLight Rain
  • SAN MARCOS75ºOvercast
  • STINSON FIELD78ºOvercast
  • TEMPLE72ºPartly Cloudy
  • UVALDE77ºPartly Cloudy
  • WACO72ºFair

National Temps

  • ATLANTA69ºFairBOSTON56ºA Few Clouds
  • CHICAGO52ºFairDALLAS/FORT WORTH78ºMostly Cloudy
  • DENVER62ºA Few CloudsHOUSTON76ºMostly Cloudy
  • MIAMI78ºMostly CloudyNEW ORLEANS76ºOvercast
  • PHOENIX83ºOvercastSAN FRANCISCO65ºMostly Cloudy
  • SEATTLE63ºMostly CloudyWASHINGTON DC60ºFair

10.11.12.245 ClientIP: 54.235.51.243, 23.3.13.79, 10.211.216.126 UserAgent: CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) Profile: TWCSAMLSP